Transportation of partial loads and combined freight has been one of AsstrA’s core offerings for the last 15 years. This service is useful for companies of various size – from individual traders to mass producers and importers. Partial loads shipments involve the transportation of numerous small cargo items from a number of senders with the same transport headed to the same approximate destination. This cargo transportation method supports shipment cost efficiency thanks to the efficient usage of free space within the vehicle, with cargo safety ensured. AsstrA helps its clients benefit from all the advantages of combined freight transportation within Russia and elsewhere. Our employees analyze the needs of our clients and the specifications of the cargo, formulate the optimal route, and calculate the price. AsstrA delivers cargo strictly according to agreed terms, regardless of the geography of transportation. In close cooperation with reliable logistics companies and other partners, we are able to maintain a flexible and transparent pricing policy and high service quality. For Swiss standards in every detail, choose partial loads transportation from AsstrA.
Partial loads transportation and combined freight accommodates cargo of any size whose terms of delivery allow it to be consolidated with other senders’ cargo and delivered to a final recipient as one shipment. The following groups of cargo are accepted as combined freight:
- Food products;
- Pharmaceutical components;
- Equipment and spare parts;
- Domestic products;
- Household appliances and electronics;
- Expensive and hazardous goods;
- Spare parts of various machinery and automobiles;
- Footwear and clothing.
However, some goods are not allowed to be transported as combined freight. This category includes particularly dangerous materials assigned to class ADR1 and some of its 6 additional subgroups, fast-decomposing products, and oversized cargo. As part of a combined freight shipment, dangerous goods may endanger the safety of the other cargo. Moreover, combined freight transportation is not appropriate for small exports from the CIS. In those cases, our company offers fast delivery by car. Before determining specific delivery conditions and service prices, our employees assess cargo type and dimensions, necessary transit timing, storage possibilities, exact places of loading and unloading, and requisite customs and documention requirements for the cargo.
Partial loads transportation by trucks is universal and efficient for the smaller amount and type of cargo. Road vehicles operate independently of seaport, airport, and railroad timetables. Transport may therefore proceed at almost any time of the day. Moving small sized cargo or just transporting smaller amount of cargo by truck has a number of advantages, including the possibility to fully load the truck by combining joint cargo with other companies, accommodate special temperature regimes, handle fragile cargo, and consolidate cargo at AsstrA partners’ warehouses in Italy, Germany, Lithuania, Poland, and other European countries.
Partial loads freight service is also an advantageous, effective, and fast option for long-distance delivery. Containers used for transportation by sea ensure additional safety for the cargo. Advantages also include the possibility to fill the container partially, transport powdery or dry cargo, reorganize cargo at port, and comply with simplified customs procedures in Europe and the CIS.
Transportation of partial loads by railroad is also beneficial in case of long-distance delivery. Advantages include fast delivery, the possibility to reload any kind of cargo and use specialized carriages, platforms and containers. AsstrA offers transportation of partial loads or joint freight of smaller ammounts of production by railroad between Europe and the CIS. As trains follow specific timetables, our clients make orders in advance and receive their cargo according to agreed terms.
Transportation of partial loads by air is a fast alternative. Cargo planes have considerable capacity allowing price economy when delivering over a long distance. The advantages of this way of transporting partial loads or any other small amount of cargo include the possibility to ship from any international airport, handle transportation of fragile cargo, take advantage of connecting flights, provide comprehensive cargo maintenance while at airports, and deliver cargo directly to the recipient‘s warehouse.
AsstrA specialists excel at attracting reliable transportation of partial loads carrier while taking into consideration all cargo specifications and consolidation requirements. Where necessary our employees formulate combined schemes comprised of aviation, road, sea, and rail transport.
AsstrA has earned a reputation with the world’s leading companies as a reliable logistics partner for a partial loads transportation. Our company voluntarily meets the highest standards for logistics suppliers and has obtained a Safety & Quality Assessment System (SQAS) certificate to support quality control and safety procedures while working with small amount of products by different companies joint in one vehicle. Moreover, Asstra strictly follows Good Distribution Practices.
AsstrA employees are highly qualified and have many years of experience in the field of partial loads transportation. Experience and qualifications help us take an individual approach to each order that is appropriate to the specifics of the cargo involved and the wishes of the client. Cooperation with reliable partial loads freight service providers allows us to develop and select optimal delivery routes, clearly coordinate all stages of delivery of partial loads, and transport any cargo in a timely manner. The suite of services AsstrA provides for the transportation of partial loads includes:
- Favorable pricing for a variety of services related to the partial loads transportation. AsstrA offers its customers the most favorable financial terms of cooperation regardless of the situation on the market.
- Fully organized consolidation of freight.
- Integrated customs support and consulting on customs clearance.
- Facilitating prompt passage through sanitary and epidemiological customs control.
- In addition, our company provides the following services:
- Organization and provision of the transportation of partial loads by different modes of transport. Experienced AsstrA specialists select a vehicle specially-adapted for the transportation depending on specific cargo properties and customer needs. If necessary, our employees create multimodal shipping schemes using air, road, sea and rail transport.
- Organization of individual measures to ensure cargo safety during the loading process. To determine the necessary safety measures, specialists take into account the requirements and wishes of the customer, the properties of the cargo, the distance to destination, and road conditions.
- Warehousing services and the organization of other partners involved.
- 24/7 cargo safety control during all steps of transportation of partial loads, as well as loading and unloading operations.
- Comprehensive customs support.
- Consulting on transport, logistics, cargo consolidation and customs procedures.
Departures: Wuhan, Hefei, Suzhou, Zhengzhou
Destinations: Warsaw, Hamburg, Duisburg
- Customers have to deliver the goods to appointed place of receipt by themselves or AsstrA will do it according to the transport order.
- If the shipment is performed from DOOR, the goods pick up should be provided 4 - 7 days before the train departure depending on the distance to the station of departure.
- If single piece of the goods is more than 2 tons in weight or more than 3 meters in length, there will be handling charge at originating and destination station.
- Gate in cut off is 3 days before the train departure.
- Customs cut off is 2 days before the train departure.
- Shipper has to provide documents for export customs clearance in China as well as the license for import\export customs procedures.
- Space is subject of confirmation before the train departure.
The geographical scope of partial loads transportation services offered by AsstrA is expanding every year:
- Within Europe;
- In the CIS;
- Between Europe and the CIS;
- To/from China and South East Asia;
- Within Russia and Moscow;
The rich experience and professionalism of our employees, our individual approach towards every client, and cooperation with reliable logistics partners help us offer the most convenient routes, ensure smooth coordination of all transport stages, and provide efficient delivery of small sized products to any place around the world according to agreed terms with the highest levels of cargo safety organizing a partial loads freight.
- MARKET KNOWLEDGE
AsstrA employees competently solve each issue related to the international transportation of partial loads. Thanks to the well-coordinated work of our specialists, each AsstrA customer is guaranteed maximum cargo safety during transportation and consolidation of partial loads, a clear and well-organized delivery system, adherence the established terms of transportation, and fulfillment of all technical and sanitary standards.
AsstrA is a member of the Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA), participation in which provides additional opportunities to minimize the risks of damage and loss of cargo during the transportation of joint cargo. In addition, AsstrA has an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) certificate, which confirms that our company is a reliable and solvent partner complying with safety standards and all legal requirements during transportation of partial loads.
- COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE
AsstrA is a single, expert source for a full range of services supporting the transportation of partial loads, such as: international freight forwarding, intermodal scheme development, customs and documentation support, insurance, consulting, project logistics, and logistics. In addition to a global presence in 16 countries, our company has 8 in-house customs agencies allowing us to improve and develop innovative logistics and transport solutions on a continuous basis.
- EXPERT PARTNERS
AsstrA organizes the transportation and storage with reliable suppliers of transportation of partial loads services. Our transport partners cooperate with us on the basis of long-term contracts which guarantee the achievement of high KPIs regardless of market conditions. AsstrA’s transport partners have all necessary licenses and permits and carrier liability insurance contracts.
- FINANCIAL SAFEGUARDS
We focus on providing safe, innovative, efficient services for the transportation of consolidated cargo that meet the requirements of international law. AsstrA’s liability is covered for EUR 1,000,000 per insured event. Insurance coverage is provided by our reliable partner Basler Versicherung AG (Switzerland).
- MARKET KNOWLEDGE
Groupage cargo transport lacks unified legal regulation by special international conventions or norms and is regulated at the local or national level from a variety of legal sources covering, for example, freight forwarding and motor transport chartering. AsstrA ensures compliance with all rules and takes full responsibility for arranging all necessary cargo and customs documentation.
We look forward to cooperating with you! For more information on our services, please contact us via our website or at our nearest AsstrA office.