Railway freight transportation market is in high demand regardless of market situation. This segment of sustainability and positive dynamics are caused by specifics of railway transport. It’s characterized by high carrying capacity and speed, provides maximum safety of transported railway cargoes. AsstrA helps its clients to enjoy all advantages of railway cargo transportation in Europe, CIS, China and other countries. Our employees analyze client’s needs and cargo characteristics; offer best delivery route and perform cost estimation. AsstrA performs rail freight transportation of any goods in compliance with set terms regardless of delivery geography. Due to close cooperation with reliable partners we offer flexible pricing policy and maintain high level of service quality.
Nearly all types of cargoes can be transported by railway, including:
- Piece cargo. Cargo loading can be performed manually or mechanically, closed containers and wagons are used for carriage. Oversized and heavyweight cargoes. Loading is performed by crane; open car, transporters and platforms are used for carriage.
- Bulk cargo. Loading is performed without cargo fastening and laying, carriage is performed by special railroad cars.
- Dangerous goods railroad freight is performed in compliance with special rules (marking, packaging, safety signs) and with usage of special containers depending on what hazard class cargo belongs to.
AsstrA provides safe and fast delivery depending on characteristics of a specific cargo.
TYPES OF TRANSPORT
Cargo trains and railway containers have many varieties and modifications. Experienced AsstrA specialists select transport depending on goods characteristics and client’s needs. If required, our specialists can offer combined transportation arrangement with transportation by air, road, sea and railway.
- Railway freight transportation in Europe, including the Balkans
- Rail cargo transportation in the CIS
- Railway transportation in Russia, including remote regions
- Railway cargo transportation between Europe and the Caucasus
- Rail transportation services between Europe and Middle Asia
- Railway transportation of goods to/from China, European and the CIS countries
- Railway cargo transportation between Mongolia, European and the CIS countries
- Transportation of cars, vehicles and machines, and also railway transportation of oversized goods in purpose-adapted wagons.
- Transportation of perishables by railway.
- Certain temperature conditions maintenance by using special refrigerated vans, isotherms and thermo-wagons.
- Carriage of bulk light-weight cargoes with volume over 120 m3.
- Usage of accelerated trains and transportation of goods to long distances at increased "passenger" speed.
- MANY YEARS OF EXPIRIENCE
AsstrA performs railway freight transportation for over 20 years. Over these years our company learned specifics of various industries and operational areas, hence each client gets provided with an efficient solution for his needs.
‘Door-to-door’ rail cargo transportation includes cargo condition and safety control, its marking, weighting, package integrity check. Cargo is marked and distributed across railway containers to ensure its safety in the process of transportation.
- COMPLEX SERVICE
Experienced AsstrA specialists provide full complex of services from one logistics operator: transportation, customs clearance, insurance, warehousing, consulting, project logistics, and other logistics services. Alongside offices operating in 16 countries, AsstrA has 8 own Customs Agencies.
- MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENT
AsstrA not only arranges transportation of goods by railway, but also offers alternative transportation ways by other means of transport to Baltics, Europe, the CIS, the Balkans, Central Asia, Middle East and China.
- FINANCIAL GUARANTEES
AsstrA ensures high quality of services provided and carefully follows international law requirements. Our company insures transported cargo with limit up to 1 000 000 EURO for each loss case. Insurance coverage is provided by a proven company partner from Switzerland - Basler Versicherung AG.
- MANY YEARS OF EXPIRIENCE
Departures: Wuhan, Hefei, Suzhou, Zhengzhou
Destinations: Warsaw, Hamburg, Duisburg
- Customers have to deliver the goods to appointed place of receipt by themselves or AsstrA will do it according to the transport order.
- If the shipment is performed from DOOR, the goods pick up should be provided 4 - 7 days before the train departure depending on the distance to the station of departure.
- If single piece of the goods is more than 2 tons in weight or more than 3 meters in length, there will be handling charge at originating and destination station.
- Gate in cut off is 3 days before the train departure.
- Customs cut off is 2 days before the train departure.
- Shipper has to provide documents for export customs clearance in China as well as the license for import\export customs procedures.
- Space is subject of confirmation before the train departure.
Railway transport is the subject to complex legal regulation. While performing railway cargo transportation in different countries, the rules and technical specifics of railway network of specific region are taken into consideration, thus list of sources of legal regulation is extremely diverse. The following regulations have compulsory legal power in Europe: the Convention concerning International Carriage by Rail (COTIF), The Agreement on International Goods Transport by Rail (SMGS), some CIS regulations, and also bilateral international agreements on direct rail freight communication. AsstrA legal department not only ensures compliance with all the regulations, but also takes on full responsibility for arrangement of all required cargo accompanying and customs documents.
We look forward to cooperating with you! For more information on our services, please contact us via our website or at our nearest AsstrA office.