From our company’s earliest days, we have worked to establish ourselves as a reliable partner for transporting equipment in the oil and gas industry. Thanks to the experience and knowledge of our employees, we offer our customers a full range of oil and gas industry logistics services related to sea, land, and multimodal transport. Our company has extensive experience in implementing special transport projects. We have shipped specialized equipment for oil refineries, pipeline construction, drilling rigs, and seismic stations. In case of long-distance transportation (e.g. to China) we use a multimodal scheme involving transshipment from one vehicle to another in compliance with the highest safety standards. In the Russian Federation, we maintain our own fleet of trucks for transporting industrial gases.
The approach to domestic and international oil and gas transportation vary depending on the characteristics of the particular cargo. AsstrA transports all kinds of oil and gas products. Thus, gas delivery services include delivery of the following substances:
- Elemental gases;
- Welding mixtures based on oxygen and argon;
- Refrigerated liquefied oxygen;
- Refrigerated liquefied argon;
- Refrigerated liquefied nitrogen;
- Liquefied carbon dioxide;
- Compressed hydrogen;
- Other non-combustible gases and mixtures.
AsstrA also organizes deliveries of oil, oil products, and equipment for oil and gas production and processing. Oil and gas industry products often belong in the classification category of dangerous goods. The generally accepted ADR dangerous goods classification defines the term "dangerous goods" and includes nine categories (classes) of substances according to the source of danger: fire hazard, toxicity, ignition, spontaneous combustion, explosive properties, and so forth. Violation of storage rules during transportation of hazardous oil and gas products can cause serious harm to the transportation crew or directly to vehicles and the environment. Therefore, special measures associated with the transportation of liquefied natural, petroleum gas and other dangerous goods include special markings, packaging, securing goods on vehicles, precautions to ensure the safety of the goods, and temperature, humidity, and lighting requirements. Special requirements apply to the drivers of the vehicles, since the delivery of some dangerous goods requires special knowledge and skills. Astra cooperates with experienced professionals who have been trained in appropriately safe driving and have experience in driving trucks for more than three years. Our drivers provide safe transportation regardless of physical and chemical properties of the goods. In addition, AsstrA holds a Safety & Quality Assessment System (SQAS) certificate. This certificate confirms the company's compliance with requirements for logistics providers in the field of transportation of neutral and hazardous substances.
AsstrA closely follows changes in domestic and international legal regulations of cargo transportation and ensures the safe and fast transportation of oil and gas products with various characteristics.
- Transportation of paper rolls by road, as well as the road transportation of wood, is a versatile and economical way to deliver such relatively light cargo. The execution of road transport does not depend on the timetables of ports, railway stations, or airports, and transportation therefore takes minimal time and is carried out almost around the clock. The advantages of road transport are extensive and include: the possibility of full truck loading, compliance with special temperature conditions, delivery of oversized and heavy cargo, and consolidation of cargoes in AsstrA partners’ warehouses in Europe, Asia, and the USA.
- Transportation of paper rolls by sea, as well as the sea transportation of wood, is a profitable, fast and efficient solution for long-distance delivery. The containers used for shipping provide an additional security guarantee for transported goods. Advantages of sea container transportation include: the possibility of complete or partial container loading, large-scale transportation of bulk cargo, comprehensive cargo services in ports, and simplified customs procedures.
- Transportation of paper rolls by rail, as well as the rail transportation of wood, is also a long-distance transportation solution in high demand. Advantages of rail transportation include: high speed of delivery, the possibility of transshipment of any cargo, and the possibility of using special wagons, platforms, and containers. AsstrA offers transportation of wood and pulp and paper products by rail from Europe, the CIS, and Asia, from China, and from the USA to China. As the trains leave and arrive in strict accordance with a schedule, our customers pre-order transportation and receive the goods at the agreed time.
- Transportation of paper rolls and wood by air is an expensive but fast international delivery option. Cargo aircraft have high load capacities which helps optimize costs when transporting goods over long distances. The advantages of the air transportation of pulp and paper products include: the possibility of delivery from all international airports, the possibility to transport oversized cargo, the use of charter flights, full cargo service at airports, and possibility of delivering goods to the consignee's warehouse.
AsstrA specialists' skill set include attracting reliable transport partners, selecting suitable transport for the transportation of waste paper products and wood, and taking into account the characteristics of particular cargo. If necessary, our employees structure combined schemes using air, road, sea, and rail transport.
- Transportation of compressed gas cylinders, liquefied natural gas, oil and equipment for the oil and gas industry in Europe, including the Baltic states and Scandinavia.
- International transportation of oil, gas, and equipment for the oil and gas industry in Russia and the CIS.
- Transportation of compressed and liquefied gases, oil, and equipment for the oil and gas industry between Europe and the USA.
- International oil, gas, equipment transportation services for the oil and gas industry between Europe and Central Asia.
- Transportation of compressed gas cylinders, liquefied petroleum gas, oil, equipment for oil and gas industry between Europe, the CIS, the USA, and China.
- LONG EXPERIENCE
For over 20 years we have served the unique needs of customers from multiple industries. We have learned to offer and apply solutions customized to the individual requirements of each customer.
- BROAD GEOGRAPHICAL PRESENCE
8 in-house customs agencies, over 900 highly-skilled employees, and representative offices in 18 countries across Europe, the CIS and Asia, allow us to provide clients with services of constantly-improving quality.
- COMPREHENSIVE SERVICES
Our experienced employees provide a range of optimized logistics services that includes rail transport, transit warehousing, customs clearance, and cargo insurance. We are present in 18 European countries, along with our 8 in-house customs agencies located strategically throughout Europe and the CIS, allow us to offer far-reaching logistics solutions.
- QUALITY CERTIFICATES
The AsstrA Group’s Quality Management System is certified under ISO 9001:2008. The Group’s Environmental Management System is certified under ISO 14001:2004, which demonstrates our commitment to providing services of the highest quality to our customers.
We provide safe, innovative, and efficient services that meet the requirements of international law. Our group policy with Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Switzerland), Basler Versicherung AG (Switzerland) and Aktiv Assekuranz (Germany) covers cargo for €3,000,000 per insured event.
- LONG EXPERIENCE
The comprehensive range of services AsstrA provides for the transportation of oil and gas includes:
- Project preparation and transport scheduling.
- Preparation of the most optimal delivery route.
- Market analyses.
- Selection of transport modes appropriate for the characteristics of the cargo.
- Organization of loading and unloading operations in compliance with any necessary security measures.
- Comprehensive cargo services in our partners’ warehouses in Europe and the CIS.
- Comprehensive customs support and assistance in customs procedures.
- Organization of groupage cargo.
- 24/7 cargo safety and location monitoring during transportation with the use of navigation systems.
The rules governing the transportation of oil and gas are determined on the basis of several criteria: type of cargo, mode of transport, and transportation route. The legislation of many states establishes special rules for the transportation, customs clearance, certification and labeling of oil and gas, and also assigns legal responsibility for non-compliance with such rules. Logistics providers and carriers organizing transportation in the oil and gas industry are also required to comply with sanitary and technical standards for the transport of dangerous goods. It should be borne in mind that oil and gas extraction and processing techniques often result in cargo that qualifies as oversized and heavy. The rules for the transportation of compressed gases, oil, and related equipment are contained in numerous technical regulations. The rules and the variety of documents necessary for the delivery of oil and gas products are diverse. AsstrA monitors compliance with relevant rules and regulations and advises on the preparation of related documentation including shipping documents, invoices, customs declarations, and permits.
We look forward to cooperating with you! For more information on our services, please contact us via our website or at our nearest AsstrA office.