AsstrA provides a full range of transport and logistics services for the organization and execution of international transportation of products and equipment for the oil and gas industry, including oil itself, the transportation of compressed natural gas in cylinders, liquefied gas in tanks, etc. Large industrial enterprises regularly increase their annual production and processing of oil and gas to enter new markets. The constantly developing oil and gas industry requires an optimized and well-established logistics system that can cope with high volumes.
AsstrA organizes the distribution of oil, gas and related equipment used in domestic and national markets. Experienced AsstrA employees provide cargo transportation using all modes including combined delivery schemes. AsstrA specialists take into account specific Clients’ needs and the characteristics of their cargo, select rational delivery routes, and calculate the cost of transportation of oil and gas. The company provides delivery of any goods according to the agreed terms regardless of delivery route and project complexity. Thanks to our excellent cooperation with international transport companies, we are able to provide a flexible pricing policy and Swiss-quality service.
The approach to domestic and international oil and gas transportation vary depending on the characteristics of the particular cargo. AsstrA transports all kinds of oil and gas products. Thus, gas delivery services include delivery of the following substances:
- Elemental gases;
- Welding mixtures based on oxygen and argon;
- Refrigerated liquefied oxygen;
- Refrigerated liquefied argon;
- Refrigerated liquefied nitrogen;
- Liquefied carbon dioxide;
- Compressed hydrogen;
- Other non-combustible gases and mixtures.
AsstrA also organizes deliveries of oil, oil products, and equipment for oil and gas production and processing. Oil and gas industry products often belong in the classification category of dangerous goods. The generally accepted ADR dangerous goods classification defines the term "dangerous goods" and includes nine categories (classes) of substances according to the source of danger: fire hazard, toxicity, ignition, spontaneous combustion, explosive properties, and so forth. Violation of storage rules during transportation of hazardous oil and gas products can cause serious harm to the transportation crew or directly to vehicles and the environment. Therefore, special measures associated with the transportation of liquefied natural, petroleum gas and other dangerous goods include special markings, packaging, securing goods on vehicles, precautions to ensure the safety of the goods, and temperature, humidity, and lighting requirements. Special requirements apply to the drivers of the vehicles, since the delivery of some dangerous goods requires special knowledge and skills. Astra cooperates with experienced professionals who have been trained in appropriately safe driving and have experience in driving trucks for more than three years. Our drivers provide safe transportation regardless of physical and chemical properties of the goods. In addition, AsstrA holds a Safety & Quality Assessment System (SQAS) certificate. This certificate confirms the company's compliance with requirements for logistics providers in the field of transportation of neutral and hazardous substances.
AsstrA closely follows changes in domestic and international legal regulations of cargo transportation and ensures the safe and fast transportation of oil and gas products with various characteristics.
- Transportation of oil by road is the most convenient and profitable mode of delivery. Road traffic does not depend on the schedule of ports, railway stations or airports. Drivers work in shift modes almost around the clock, so the transportation takes minimal time. The advantages of transportation of oil and gas products and equipment by car include possibility of full container loading, compliance with temperature regimes, the possibility of delivery oversized and heavy cargo, and the availability of services in AsstrA Partners' warehouses in the USA, Asia, and Europe. For the organization of oil and gas transportation by road, our company offers specially adapted trucks, tractors and trailers that meet all necessary sanitary and technical standards.
- Transportation of oil by sea is fast and efficient long-distance delivery option. The containers and tanks used for the maritime transportation of oil provide an additional security guarantee for the transported goods. The advantages of container shipping include the possibility of full and partial container loading, tanker transport, comprehensive cargo services in ports, and simplified customs procedures.
- Transportation of oil by rail is also a long-distance delivery service in high demand. The advantages of oil and gas transportation by rail include high-speed delivery, the possibility of using special wagons, platforms and containers, and the possibility of delivery at any time of year, regardless of weather conditions. In addition, as trains depart and arrive in strict accordance with a schedule, our customers pre-order transportation and receive their goods within a specified timeframe.
- Transportation of oil and gas by air is an expensive but fast method of international product shipping. Among the various advantages of air transportation there are: delivery possibilities from all international airports, the possibility of transporting oversized cargo, and the use of charter flights. However, some types of dangerous goods are forbidden to transport by air.
AsstrA specialists have at their disposal their own vehicle fleet, cooperate with reliable transport Partners, and select specially adapted modes of transport for the transportation of gas, oil, and oil and gas equipment appropriate for the characteristics of any given cargo. If necessary, our staff will provide multimodal solutions involving the use of air, road, rail and sea transport.
- Transportation of compressed gas cylinders, liquefied natural gas, oil and equipment for the oil and gas industry in Europe, including the Baltic states and Scandinavia.
- International transportation of oil, gas, and equipment for the oil and gas industry in Russia and the CIS.
- Transportation of compressed and liquefied gases, oil, and equipment for the oil and gas industry between Europe and the USA.
- International oil, gas, equipment transportation services for the oil and gas industry between Europe and Central Asia.
- Transportation of compressed gas cylinders, liquefied petroleum gas, oil, equipment for oil and gas industry between Europe, the CIS, the USA, and China.
- LONG EXPERIENCE
For over 20 years we have served the unique needs of customers from multiple industries. We have learned to offer and apply solutions customized to the individual requirements of each customer.
- BROAD GEOGRAPHICAL PRESENCE
8 in-house customs agencies, over 900 highly-skilled employees, and representative offices in COUNTRIES across Europe, the CIS and Asia, allow us to provide Clients with services of constantly-improving quality.
- COMPREHENSIVE SERVICES
Our experienced employees provide a range of optimized logistics services that includes rail transport, transit warehousing, customs clearance, and cargo insurance. We are present in 18 European countries, along with our 8 in-house customs agencies located strategically throughout Europe and the CIS, allow us to offer far-reaching logistics solutions.
- QUALITY CERTIFICATES
The AsstrA Group’s Quality Management System is certified under ISO 9001:2008. The Group’s Environmental Management System is certified under ISO 14001:2004, which demonstrates our commitment to providing services of the highest quality to our customers.
We provide safe, innovative, and efficient services that meet the requirements of international law. Our group policy with Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Switzerland), Basler Versicherung AG (Switzerland) and Aktiv Assekuranz (Germany) covers cargo for €3,000,000 per insured event.
- LONG EXPERIENCE
The comprehensive range of services AsstrA provides for the transportation of oil and gas includes:
- Project preparation and transport scheduling.
- Preparation of the most optimal delivery route.
- Market analyses.
- Selection of transport modes appropriate for the characteristics of the cargo.
- Organization of loading and unloading operations in compliance with any necessary security measures.
- Comprehensive cargo services in our Partners’ warehouses in Europe and the CIS.
- Comprehensive customs support and assistance in customs procedures.
- Organization of groupage cargo.
- 24/7 cargo safety and location monitoring during transportation with the use of navigation systems.
The rules governing the transportation of oil and gas are determined on the basis of several criteria: type of cargo, mode of transport, and transportation route. The legislation of many states establishes special rules for the transportation, customs clearance, certification and labeling of oil and gas, and also assigns legal responsibility for non-compliance with such rules. Logistics providers and carriers organizing transportation in the oil and gas industry are also required to comply with sanitary and technical standards for the transport of dangerous goods. It should be borne in mind that oil and gas extraction and processing techniques often result in cargo that qualifies as oversized and heavy. The rules for the transportation of compressed gases, oil, and related equipment are contained in numerous technical regulations. The rules and the variety of documents necessary for the delivery of oil and gas products are diverse. AsstrA monitors compliance with relevant rules and regulations and advises on the preparation of related documentation including shipping documents, invoices, customs declarations, and permits.
We look forward to cooperating with you! For more information on our services, please contact us via our website or at our nearest AsstrA office.