AsstrA customers rely on us for a wide range of transport and logistics services supporting food transportation. The corporate group’s ISO 22000-1 food safety management system certification speaks to the high quality of services provided. Food products are delivered on time and in compliance with rules governing the transportation of perishable and other types of goods.
For the transportation of foodstuffs, AsstrA experts select vehicles suited to each type of cargo. The vehicles comply with current sanitary standards and deliver the goods without loss of quality. When transporting goods using refrigerated trucks, AsstrA experts provide thermogram printouts at unloading.
For transportation AsstrA uses the following types of rolling stock:
- Two-tier refrigerators that increase available cargo space for each delivery.
- Vehicles with double-chamber insulation supporting heating- and cooling-based temperature regimes
- Isothermal vans, i.e. trucks with thickened walls and inner linings which provide extra protection for cargo during delivery.
- Tanks for bulk cargoes:
- insulated barrels with / without a steam jacket and an autonomous heating or cooling system individually tailored to the requirements necessary for the transportation of a specific cargo;
- with / without compressor, a pump, or tractor ventilation according to the requirements necessary for transporting specific cargo;
- with pre-injected CO2 (beer, champagne);
- heated drain tubes for chocolate.
- Transportation taking into account the properties of goods. For example, sugar is packaged in multi-layer fabric, paper, or propylene bags. For animal carcasses, hooks are provided in the cargo compartment. Eggs are placed in special containers. When transporting tea, dry conditions inside containers are ensured.
- Compliance with temperature and humidity regimes necessary for the transport of certain products. Refrigerated trucks, isothermal vans, and bulk tanks are available.
- Honoring strict timetables as agreed.
- Fixing cargo reliably in vehicles.
- Packaging of goods to preserve their original form without damage. The AsstrA team guarantees cargo safety during loading and unloading.
- Round-the-clock monitoring of cargo safety, security, and location.
- Timely medical certifications for drivers.
EXPERIENCE. For 20 years, customers have relied on our safe and proven logistics solutions for the food industry.
INTEGRITY. Our clients depend on us as a single provider of a full range of services including project logistics, customs support, consulting, warehouse services, and insurance. AsstrA customs agencies ensure timely and complete preparation of documentation necessary for shipments.
DELIVERY CHAIN OPTIMIZATION. AsstrA has its own warehouse as well as leased options. Intermediary-free warehouse services minimize transport and logistics costs for clients. The AsstrA team oversees every stage of transportation.
GEOGRAPHICAL COVERAGE. AsstrA has a well-developed network of representatives across Europe, the CIS, Asia, and the USA.
INSURANCE. Cargo accepted for transportation is insured for up to 3 million euros for each covered event. Leading Swiss insurer Zurich Versicherungs-Gesellschaft AG (Zurich Insurance Company Ltd) underwrites the policy.
Transportation of food products is regulated by national and international legislation as well as customs procedures to ensure sanitary-epidemiological and phytosanitary safety. AsstrA experts carefully monitor changes in these regulations as they apply to each order.