Historically, sea freight shipping was a key driver of the development of international commerce. Shipping goods by sea is still popular nowadays due to low cost, high sea vessel load capacity, and minimal restrictions on vessel carrying capacity. Sea freight services allows substantially lower transportation costs in case of long-distance goods carriage. We encourage our customers to take full advantage of our containerized cargo transportation related services. This transport mode is reliable and efficient, especially in case of long-distance and multimodal solutions. Taking into account individual customer requirements, our experienced staff offer optimal container freight transportation routes at competitive prices. Service delivery is provided by AsstrA in cooperation with a wide network of reliable partners.
Usage of containers provides added safety for transported goods, speeds up transportation of small-piece cargo, and makes it easier to perform loading/unloading. AsstrA helps its clients enjoy all the advantages of container sea freight. Our employees analyze clients’ needs and cargo characteristics, optimize shipping routes, and estimate sea freight costs. AsstrA offers the transportation of any container goods in strict conformity with timing and delivery location terms. Thanks to close cooperation with carriers, port authorities, and other reliable partners, we offer a flexible pricing policy and maintain a high level of service quality.
The majority of of all cargo delivered in the world is transported by sea. The technical features of cargo vessels make it possible to carry crude oil, petroleum products, chemical industry products, condensed gas, raw materials, equipment, cars, livestock and many other types of cargo. Some of these items have hazardous characteristics and can not only cause damage but also cause an ecological disaster. Therefore, dangerous sea freight is strictly regulated by national and international norms.
AsstrA closely follows changes in international sea freight legal regulation and provides secure and fast delivery suited to the characteristics of each specific cargo type.
Depending on characteristics and clients’ needs, experienced AsstrA specialists select purpose-adapted sea vessels such as vehicle carriers, livestock carriers, dry bulk carriers, lighter carriers, and refrigerated ships. Depending on cargo characteristics, various container types are used, including:
- ISO containers in different sizes, special-purpose containers designed to deliver oversized or bulk goods;
- tank containers used for liquid cargo transportation;
- refrigerated containers;
- containers equipped for the transportation of vehicles, small cargoes, sea freight of dangerous goods, etc.
If necessary, our specialists can arrange multimodal transportation by:
- Sea freight shipping intra-EU
- Sea container shipping between the EU and the CIS as well as the Russian Far East. Delivery of cargoes through Russian ports (Nakhodka, Vladivostok, Tuapse, Novorossiysk, Temryuk, Rostov, and St. Petersburg), Baltic ports (Riga, Klaipeda, Ventspils, Tallinn, and others), and Ukrainian ports (Odessa, Black Sea).
- Sea freight charges between the EU and the Caucasus
- Shipping cargo containers between the EU, the CIS and Turkey
- Cargo sea freight between the EU, the CIS and China
- LONG EXPERIENCE
AsstrA has over 20 years’ experience in operating air cargo shipping. During this time, our company has learned the specifics of various industries and operational best practices to provide each client with efficient solutions for their needs.
- BROAD GEOGRAPHIC REACH
AsstrA has developed a wide network of offices in 18 European and CIS countries. Our employees are multi-lingual and are always at clients’ disposal regardless of their location or time zone.
- OVERSIZE CARGO EXPERTISE
We organize and handle transport of cargo with non-standard dimensions. Using various marine vessels we can accommodate your specific requirements.
- NON-STANDARD CARGO TRANSPORTATION
We work with a variety of specially-modified sea vessels and containers designed to carry cargo varying in size, dimensions, characteristics, and form, including dangerous goods transportation.
- FINANCIAL SAFEGUARDS
We work with Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Switzerland), Basler Versicherung AG (Switzerland) and Aktiv Assekuranz (Germany) covers cargo for €3,000,000 per insured event.
- LONG EXPERIENCE
Sea transport is realized via:
- Containers in a variety of standard sizes
- Special containers for oversized cargo
- Tank containers for liquid bulk cargo
- Refrigerated containers for temperature-sensitive cargo
- Containers for vehicles
- Containers designed for small consignments
We offer a wide range of the following services:
- Door-to-door, port-to-door, station-to-door cargo sea freight
- Coordination of all participants at all stages of transportation
- Container tracking
- Registration of shipping documents
- Handling the transshipment of goods
- Chartering and agency work
- Sea vessel chartering and representation of client interests before third parties
All aspects of cargo sea freight are regulated by national and international laws, conventions and norms. Adherence to such regulations is under strict control of authorized bodies in all countries. In addition, unwritten practices play a significant role in maritime law. The AsstrA legal department is well aware of all legal aspects concerning cargo sea freight, ensures compliance with all rules and norms, and arranges accompanying documentation such as shipping documents, bills of lading, and customs declarations.