Rail freight transport remains in steady demand regardless of the global economic situation. The segment’s sustainable and dynamic characteristics are high carrying capacity, speed, and maximum cargo safety. AsstrA helps its clients to enjoy all advantages of railway cargo transportation in Europe, the CIS, China and other countries. Our employees analyze client needs and cargo characteristics, optimize delivery routes, and estimate costs. AsstrA organizes rail freight transportation for any goods in compliance with set terms regardless of delivery geography. Thanks to close cooperation with reliable partners we offer a flexible pricing policy and maintain a high level of service quality.
Nearly all types of cargoes can be transported by railway, including:
- Piece cargo. Cargo loading can be performed manually or mechanically, with closed containers and wagons used for carriage. For oversized or heavyweight cargo, loading is performed by crane, with open cars, transporters, and platforms used for carriage.
- Bulk cargo. Loading is performed without cargo fastening and laying with carriage via special railroad cars.
- Dangerous goods rail freight is performed in compliance with special rules (marking, packaging, and safety signs) and with usage of special containers depending on the cargo’s hazard class.
AsstrA provides safe and fast delivery depending on specific cargo characteristics.
TYPES OF TRANSPORT
Cargo trains and railway containers have many varieties and modifications. Experienced AsstrA specialists select transport depending on the characteristics of goods and clients’ needs. If required, our specialists can offer multimodal transport via air, road, sea and rail.
- Railway freight transportation in Europe, including the Balkans
- Rail cargo transportation in the CIS
- Railway transportation in Russia, including remote regions
- Railway cargo transportation between Europe and the Caucasus
- Rail transportation services between Europe and Central Asia
- Railway transportation of goods between China, Europe, and the CIS
- Railway cargo transportation between Mongolia, Europe, and the CIS
- Transportation of cars, vehicles and machines, and railway transportation of oversized goods in purpose-adapted wagons.
- Transportation of perishables by rail.
- Maintenance of certain temperature maintenance with special refrigerated vans as well as isothermic thermo-wagons.
- Carriage of bulk light-weight cargoes with volumes over 120 m3.
- Usage of high-speed trains and transportation of goods over long distances at higher, "passenger" speeds.
- LONG EXPERIENCE
AsstrA has over 20 years’ experience in operating air cargo shipping. During this time, our company has learned the specifics of various industries and operational best practices to provide each client with efficient solutions for their needs.
- BROAD GEOGRAPHIC REACH
AsstrA has developed a wide network of offices in 18 European and CIS countries. Our employees are multi-lingual and are always at clients’ disposal regardless of their location or time zone.
- COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE
Experienced AsstrA specialists provide a full range of services from one logistics operator: transportation, customs clearance, insurance, warehousing, consulting, and project logistics, among other offerings. In addition to offices operating in 16 countries, AsstrA has 8 in-house customs agencies.
- MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENT
AsstrA arranges transportation of goods not only by railway but also via other means to the Baltics, Europe, the CIS, the Balkans, Central Asia, the Middle East, and China.
- FINANCIAL GUARANTEES
We provide safe, innovative, and efficient services that meet the requirements of international law. Our group policy with Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Switzerland), Basler Versicherung AG (Switzerland) and Aktiv Assekuranz (Germany) covers cargo for €3,000,000 per insured event.
- LONG EXPERIENCE
Departures: Wuhan, Hefei, Suzhou, Zhengzhou
Destinations: Warsaw, Hamburg, Duisburg
- Customers have to deliver the goods to appointed place of receipt by themselves or AsstrA will do it according to the transport order.
- If the shipment is performed from DOOR, the goods pick up should be provided 4 - 7 days before the train departure depending on the distance to the station of departure.
- If single piece of the goods is more than 2 tons in weight or more than 3 meters in length, there will be handling charge at originating and destination station.
- Gate in cut off is 3 days before the train departure.
- Customs cut off is 2 days before the train departure.
- Shipper has to provide documents for export customs clearance in China as well as the license for import\export customs procedures.
- Space is subject of confirmation before the train departure.
Railway transport is the subject of complex legal regulation from a diverse set of regulatory sources. While performing railway cargo transportation in different countries, the rules and technical specifics of a particular region’s railway network is taken into consideration. The following regulations have legal force in Europe: the Convention concerning International Carriage by Rail (COTIF), The Agreement on International Goods Transport by Rail (SMGS), some CIS regulations, and also bilateral international agreements on direct rail freight. The AsstrA legal department not only ensures compliance with all the regulations but also takes full responsibility for arranging all required cargo and customs documentation.
We look forward to cooperating with you! For more information on our services, please contact us via our website or at our nearest AsstrA office.