The AsstrA-Associated Traffic AG international corporate group offers comprehensive transport and logistics services related to organizing the transportation of goods on accelerated container trains.
AsstrA experts analyze the needs of every client and the characteristics of their goods before offering optimal storage and transportation conditions. Thanks to close cooperation with railway stations, transport companies, warehouse operators, and other reliable partners around the globe, AsstrA provides consistently high-quality services.
AsstrA customers receive comprehensive cargo services at railway terminals including:
• delivery to the station and the subsequent dispatch of cargo,
• door-to-door delivery by road,
• reloading service
• handling and storage of goods,
• cargo security and location monitoring,
• transit customs clearance support,
• cargo insurance services,
• lending of railway documents, and
• representation before third parties.
Thanks to the AsstrA team’s extensive experience in transport and logistics, the company's customers in multiple industries receive a full range of services related to the safe forwarding of various goods including:
• popular consumer goods,
• chemicals, rubber, plastic products,
• automotive parts,
• equipment and spare parts,
• consumer electronics, and
• clothes, shoes, and haberdashery.
When organizing transport, clients should pay special attention to the following general transport rules:
- Customers independently deliver the goods to the specified place of departure, or AsstrA will do it in accordance with the transport order.
- In the case of door-to-door or door-to-station transportation from the sender, the cargo must be delivered to the station 4 days before departure.
- Delivery of cargo to the station of departure is organized no later than 7 days before the departure of the train.
- Cargo space is checked prior to departure of the train.
- Customs clearance is carried out no later than 2 days before the departure of the train.
- When sending groupage cargo, the weight and length of one package must not exceed 2 tons or 3 meters, respectively. Otherwise, a multiplying factor is applied to the rate.
- In China, the shipper provides the documents, export licenses, and certificates required for import / export customs procedures.
Every day, the AsstrA team ensures proper cargo handling at the world’s largest railway stations. The transport and logistics provider’s experienced team consider the properties of the transported goods, analyze the individual requests of each client, and identify the optimal transport route from China to Central Asia, the CIS, the Baltic states, and Europe.
1. Extensive industry experience. The AsstrA corporate group has been engaged in rail transportation for over 20 years. Experts’ solutions and suggestions for cargo handling are based on proven experience receiving, dispatching, and handling cargo at various railway terminals.
2. Individual approach. Each AsstrA client receives comprehensive services from experienced professionals. These services cover the entire supply chain including receiving and sending goods at various terminals.
3. Reliability and safety. AsstrA-Associated Traffic AG concludes has insured all transported cargo for up to 3,000,000 EUR per incident. Insurance coverage is provided by our proven Swiss partners Zurich Versicherungs-Gesellschaft AG, Basler Versicherung, and Aktiv Assekuranz.
AsstrA takes into account changes in local and international rules governing forwarding services as well as standards for complying with sanitary standards for the storage, processing, and transportation of various types of goods. As a result, the AsstrA team provides prompt and high-quality cargo services at international railway terminals.
Regarding the rail transport of goods there are a number of restrictions:
• cargo weight of a 20” container may be up to 20,000 kg;
• cargo weight of a 40” container may be up to 25,000 kg.
By size and weight of cargo:
• goods accepted for transport are packed on pallets (120 x 80 cm / 1,500 kg) or in boxes;
• Heavy loads like steel coils or equipment are prohibited for carriage by most railway operators.
• Dangerous goods (ADR) are prohibited for carriage via Chinese railways.
• Sanctioned goods are not accepted.
• Export customs clearance must be carried out at the train departure station.
• Import customs clearance is not allowed at border stations, only at destination.
• Number of containers in the train: 41 x 40” or 82 x 20 ’’.
Equipment used by high-speed train operators:
• 20’’ in pairs (shipment of cargo in this type of container is not possible from all stations); 40’’HC;
• 40”, 45’’ RSC are not provided by all operators;
• 20’’OT, 40’’OT are not provided by all operators.
Types of vehicles
Length m, Width m, Height m, Internal volume m³
Weight Limit, t
Designed to transport various types of containers.
9 m, 2.4 m, -, 20/30/40/45 feet
For rail transport from Poland to Kazakhstan, special trains and containers of various types are used. Our experts will select transport based on the needs of the customer and the characteristics of the transported products. We use both transportation using one type of vehicle (monomodal), and using road, air, rail and water transport (multimodal).
AsstrA experts offer the following services for transshipment from / to the following Polish railway terminals:
• Malaszewice: cargo distribution to Germany, the Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary and Slovakia;
• Warsaw: cargo distribution to Germany, the Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary and Slovakia.
The AsstrA-Associated Traffic AG corporate group offers the following services for transshipment from / to the following railway terminals in Germany:
• Duisburg: distribution to other cities in Germany, Belgium, England, France, Spain, Italy, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania;
• Hamburg: distribution to other cities in Germany, Belgium, England, France, Spain, Italy, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania;
• Munich: distribution to other cities in Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, and Hungary;
• Nuremberg: distribution to other cities in Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, France, and Spain.
At railway terminals in Duisburg, Hamburg, Nuremberg, Munich, Malashevichi, Warsaw, Lodz, AsstrA provides services supporting:
• import and export customs clearance,
• transit customs clearance,
• registration of transport documents,
• door delivery by road (FCL, LCL),
• reloading according to the “container-warehouse-tilted car” scheme.
Container repair services are available at the railway terminals in Malaszewice, Warsaw, and Lodz.
Leave a request
In order to get more detailed information about rail freight terminal processing services, you can make a request via the website or contact your nearest AsstrA office.
Submit a transport enquiry right now:*Please note that AsstrA-Associated Traffic AG does not work with individuals and individual entrepreneurs.