Industrial enterprises increase production turnover every year. In view of this, the need for well-organized and carefully thought-out international and domestic transportation solutions also increases. Experts from the AsstrA international corporate group stand ready to support decisions on routes, vehicle type, and other related logistics-related issues.
The AsstrA Oil&Gas/ Fertilizers Logistics Division offers the following services for companies in the oil and gas and agrochemical industries:
- break-bulk in the ports of Europe, Russia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Turkmenistan;
- container transportation, including specialized transportation e.g. using tank containers;
- rail transportation, including special rolling stock;
- direct settlement of railway and transit tariffs;
- road transportation with standard and special vehicles e.g. tankers;
- sea freight for vessels with carrying capacities of up to 70,000 tons;
- purchasing fertilizers and sulfur on AsstrA’s account for the benefit of atrader;
- customs clearance;
- port terminal surveys.
The approach to domestic and international oil and gas transportation vary depending on the characteristics of the particular cargo. AsstrA transports all kinds of oil and gas products. Thus, gas delivery services include delivery of the following substances:
- Elemental gases;
- Welding mixtures based on oxygen and argon;
- Refrigerated liquefied oxygen;
- Refrigerated liquefied argon;
- Refrigerated liquefied nitrogen;
- Liquefied carbon dioxide;
- Compressed hydrogen;
- Other non-combustible gases and mixtures.
AsstrA also organizes deliveries of oil, oil products, and equipment for oil and gas production and processing. Oil and gas industry products often belong in the classification category of dangerous goods. The generally accepted ADR dangerous goods classification defines the term "dangerous goods" and includes nine categories (classes) of substances according to the source of danger: fire hazard, toxicity, ignition, spontaneous combustion, explosive properties, and so forth. Violation of storage rules during transportation of hazardous oil and gas products can cause serious harm to the transportation crew or directly to vehicles and the environment. Therefore, special measures associated with the transportation of liquefied natural, petroleum gas and other dangerous goods include special markings, packaging, securing goods on vehicles, precautions to ensure the safety of the goods, and temperature, humidity, and lighting requirements. Special requirements apply to the drivers of the vehicles, since the delivery of some dangerous goods requires special knowledge and skills. Astra cooperates with experienced professionals who have been trained in appropriately safe driving and have experience in driving trucks for more than three years. Our drivers provide safe transportation regardless of physical and chemical properties of the goods. In addition, AsstrA holds a Safety & Quality Assessment System (SQAS) certificate. This certificate confirms the company's compliance with requirements for logistics providers in the field of transportation of neutral and hazardous substances.
AsstrA closely follows changes in domestic and international legal regulations of cargo transportation and ensures the safe and fast transportation of oil and gas products with various characteristics.
- Transportation of oil by road is the most convenient and profitable mode of delivery. Road traffic does not depend on the schedule of ports, railway stations or airports. Drivers work in shift modes almost around the clock, so the transportation takes minimal time. The advantages of transportation of oil and gas products and equipment by car include possibility of full container loading, compliance with temperature regimes, the possibility of delivery oversized and heavy cargo, and the availability of services in AsstrA Partners' warehouses in the USA, Asia, and Europe. For the organization of oil and gas transportation by road, our company offers specially adapted trucks, tractors and trailers that meet all necessary sanitary and technical standards.
- Transportation of oil by sea is fast and efficient long-distance delivery option. The containers and tanks used for the maritime transportation of oil provide an additional security guarantee for the transported goods. The advantages of container shipping include the possibility of full and partial container loading, tanker transport, comprehensive cargo services in ports, and simplified customs procedures.
- Transportation of oil by rail is also a long-distance delivery service in high demand. The advantages of oil and gas transportation by rail include high-speed delivery, the possibility of using special wagons, platforms and containers, and the possibility of delivery at any time of year, regardless of weather conditions. In addition, as trains depart and arrive in strict accordance with a schedule, our customers pre-order transportation and receive their goods within a specified timeframe.
- Transportation of oil and gas by air is an expensive but fast method of international product shipping. Among the various advantages of air transportation there are: delivery possibilities from all international airports, the possibility of transporting oversized cargo, and the use of charter flights. However, some types of dangerous goods are forbidden to transport by air.
AsstrA specialists have at their disposal their own vehicle fleet, cooperate with reliable transport Partners, and select specially adapted modes of transport for the transportation of gas, oil, and oil and gas equipment appropriate for the characteristics of any given cargo. If necessary, our staff will provide multimodal solutions involving the use of air, road, rail and sea transport.
- Transportation of compressed gas cylinders, liquefied natural gas, oil and equipment for the oil and gas industry in Europe, including the Baltic states and Scandinavia.
- International transportation of oil, gas, and equipment for the oil and gas industry in Russia and the CIS.
- Transportation of compressed and liquefied gases, oil, and equipment for the oil and gas industry between Europe and the USA.
- International oil, gas, equipment transportation services for the oil and gas industry between Europe and Central Asia.
- Transportation of compressed gas cylinders, liquefied petroleum gas, oil, equipment for oil and gas industry between Europe, the CIS, the USA, and China.
- Optimal route development taking into account each client’s needs and the specific characteristics of their cargo.
- Punctual delivery with real-time web tracking regardless of destination and project complexity.
- Order execution certified compliant with ISO 9001, ISO 22000, ISO 14001 international quality standards.
- SQAS-certified safe handling of both neutral and hazardous chemical products.
- Flexible pricing thanks to fruitful cooperation with reliable international transport companies.
- Transportation of finished products from oil refineries – e.g. lubricants, base oils, bitumen, additives, fuel oil, carbon black – in packaging and in bulk.
- Delivery of bulky and heavy equipment for industry clients.
- Logistics solutions for dry cargo such as sulfur, urea, ammonium nitrate, polymers, etc.
- Transportation of compressed and liquefied gases in customer equipment.
- Transportation of gas in cylinders.
The rules governing the transportation of oil and gas are determined on the basis of several criteria: type of cargo, mode of transport, and transportation route. The legislation of many states establishes special rules for the transportation, customs clearance, certification and labeling of oil and gas, and also assigns legal responsibility for non-compliance with such rules. Logistics providers and carriers organizing transportation in the oil and gas industry are also required to comply with sanitary and technical standards for the transport of dangerous goods. It should be borne in mind that oil and gas extraction and processing techniques often result in cargo that qualifies as oversized and heavy. The rules for the transportation of compressed gases, oil, and related equipment are contained in numerous technical regulations. The rules and the variety of documents necessary for the delivery of oil and gas products are diverse. AsstrA monitors compliance with relevant rules and regulations and advises on the preparation of related documentation including shipping documents, invoices, customs declarations, and permits.
We look forward to cooperating with you! For more information on our services, please contact us via our website or at our nearest AsstrA office.