The market for transport of refrigerated cargo grew in response to the overall expansion of international trade and the range of goods being shipped. Experts predict the further growth in this segment. Refrigerated cargo transportation involves shipping goods in compliance with a certain temperature regime for any distance. Thanks to specially equipped vehicles, the consumer properties of goods do not change and the spoilage and loss of cargo is avoided. This type of transportation is in great demand across the food, cosmetic, chemical, pharmaceutical, and agricultural industries, among others. We help our customers take full advantage of refrigerated transport. AsstrA specialists organize optimal delivery schemes, taking into account the limited and strictly regulated timeframes for the transportation of perishable goods. We monitor compliance with sanitary requirements and standards, primarily temperature regimes along with special instructions for the transportation of of perishable and chemical goods.
International transportation of refrigerated cargo is performed by special vehicles equipped to create three different temperature conditions: heating, cooling or deep freezing. One such vehicle is a refrigerator truck. This vehicle is equipped with a refrigeration system that allows transportation of perishable goods, pharmaceutical and chemical products, and other goods requiring artificial cooling. There are many types of refrigerator trucks, including:
- Double-decker refrigerator trucks allowing the transport of more goods at the same time;
- Two-compartment refrigerator trucks used to maintain two sets of goods at different temperatures.
Also, isothermal trucks are designed for the transportation of food and non-food items with stringent temperature condition requirements. This truck type is characterized by thickened walls and an inner, non-oxidizing covering that reduces mechanical impact on cargo during the delivery process. AsstrA cooperates with reliable transport Partners, so all vehicles and containers have full sets of permits, including technical and sanitary passports.
Refrigerated transport is necessary for the delivery of several categories of goods. The bulk of cargo carried in this way is perishable or highly perishable. This category is extensive and includes food products of vegetable and animal origin, processed products, dairy and fermented milk products, confectionery, and semi-finished products, among many others. Thus, the category of perishable goods includes cream-containing confectionery if their moisture content exceeds 13%. Perishable cargo does not comprise fresh berries, freshly cut flowers, or chilled seafood. Transportations of temperature sensitive cargo include transportation of live plants, chemical products, cosmetics, medications and other goods, often dangerous. AsstrA selects a suitable vehicle and provides safe and prompt delivery taking into account the characteristics of each particular product. Thanks to close cooperation with reliable transport companies, we have a flexible pricing policy and maintain a high level of service quality.
We ship the following temperature-controlled goods:
- Meat, tinned meat and meat products;
- Milk products;
- Chocolate and pastry;
- Juices, alcohol and soft drinks;
- Fish and seafood;
- Vegetables, fruit and mushrooms;
- Plants and flowers;
- Chemical stuff, including hazardous goods.
AsstrA does not transport chilled fish, fresh cut flowers, and fresh berries.
- Door-to-door freight forwarding services
- Ability to handle transloading at Partners’ warehouses
- On-time transportation and delivery of a large variety of goods
- Customs services. You will receive consultation services on issues regarding veterinary permits and submission of cargo to veterinary inspection and customs authorities absolutely free of charge.Safety and location monitoring of cargo during transportation, loading, and unloading operations.
- All Risks cargo insurance by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Switzerland), Basler Versicherung AG (Switzerland), Aktiv Assekuranz (Germany) and other leading European insurance companies.
- Consulting on customs procedures and documentation
- SPECIALIZED VEHICLES
Transportation of tobacco products requires trucks with additional safety measures such as immobilizers, alarm systems, and extra locking and tracking systems. Our own fleet of trucks has been upgraded to meet tobacco and tobacco product transportation requirements. Additionally, we work with reliable, carefully vetted Partner carriers to provide our Clients with the highest level of services.
- CUSTOMS CARRIER STATUS
As a licensed customs carrier, we are allowed to transport tobacco and tobacco products without a customs escort or payment of customs duties on the territory of Belarus and Russia, thus significantly reducing transport costs.
- SECURITY ESCORTS
We have a network of security companies that closely cooperate with us in the EU, Russia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Armenia.
- GUARANTOR SERVICES
We can act as a guarantor for the transit of finished tobacco products from third countries on the territory of the EU.
- ADMINISTRATIVE EXCELLENCE
Using our 8 in-house customs agencies located strategically throughout Europe and the CIS, we can quickly and efficiently handle any necessary shipping and customs formalities. In addition, we provide support obtaining certifications for your products.
AsstrA’s own fleet of motor vehicles and long-standing relationships with reliable Partners guarantee high KPI results in all market conditions.
- SPECIALIZED VEHICLES
- Transportation of refrigerated cargo across Europe, including the Balkans and Scandinavia
- Intra-Russia transportation of refrigerated cargo
- Intra-CIS transportation of refrigerated cargo
- Transportation of refrigerated cargo between Europe and the CIS countries
- Transportation of refrigerated cargo between Europe and the Caucasus
- Transportation of refrigerated cargo between Europe and Central Asia
We look forward to cooperating with you! For more information on our services, please contact us via our website or at our nearest AsstrA office.