Every year, the importance of ecology and environmental protection becomes more acute and urgent. Governments are responding by setting policies on the use of biofuels and other environmentally friendly materials such as wood pellets, lumber, etc. There is strong global trade in eco materials, including wood pellets transported by sea in containers. The main benefits of sea transport are its low total cost and high weight capacity, which continue to make it an optimal choice for shipping these kinds of products.
AsstrA offers a full range of services supporting the transportation of eco-friendly cargo through the port of Odessa. Options include:
- Sea transportation of wood pellets and lumber to the Italian destinations of Sardinia, Sicily, Naples, Gioia Tauro, Salerno, and Bari;
- Container transportation of wood pellets and sawn timber to Spain;
- Sea transportation of eco materials to Greece;
- Cargo transportation of wood pellets to Syria, Lebanon;
- Freight shipping to all North African countries.
Advantages of container transportation through the port of Odessa:
- Lower rates than those available using the Port of Klaipeda.
- Faster transit times than those available via Klaipeda. Transportation of wood pellets from Odessa to Bari, Italy, takes only 6 days, while transportation from Klaipeda to the same port will take as long as 16 days.
- Shippers can transfer full 28.2 ton / 20'DV and 28.6 ton / 40'HC containers to the loading station by rail.
For more detailed information on AsstrA services supporting the sea transportation of pellets and wood materials through the port of Odessa, please send a request to email@example.com.